The Travel to Tokyo challenge is all about getting young people active together with their families. The challenge from Team GB, ParalympicsGB and Sport England uses the inspiration of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games to get 5–11s and their families moving, aiming to build lasting active habits.
Explore your personalised Parent Engagement Toolkit for quick and easy templates to engage your school community. Then use the presentations and videos below to launch Travel to Tokyo with your pupils and colleagues.
Welsh versions of pupil facing materials are available here.
LOG YOUR ACTIVITY
Don’t forget that to journey to Tokyo pupils need to log all their activity against their team. They'll also get the chance to win great prizes!
TAKE IT FURTHER
Keep up the momentum in your school community by using these handy tools:
- Parent Engagement Toolkit – Personalised templates to engage parents with the challenge.
- Travel Guides – A set of curriculum-linked active learning adventures for each country teams visit!
- Take-home activities – Give pupils Tokyo Tens and Active Challenges to do at home and encourage them to log activity with their family.
- Class presentations and videos – Curriculum-linked presentations and videos inspire pupils to explore their own activity levels, try new active hobbies and sports, develop their understanding of happiness and discover Japan in the run up to Tokyo 2020.
- Share your school’s journey on @GetSetCommunity #TTTYourWay or share your story on the Community page.