Recommended age group: 11–16
Time required: 1 hour
ABOUT BE A GAME CHANGER
This year marks 10 years since the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games and we want you to celebrate with Team GB and ParalympicsGB this summer term by taking part in our 10 Year Anniversary resources.
Explore the resources let us know how you get on by tweeting us on Twitter @GetSetCommunity and Instagram @GetSetClub.
The Be a Game Changer challenges use key, inspirational moments from the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games to encourage and inspire students to get active and promote positive emotional and social wellbeing both in school and at home.
Introduce the six Be a Game Changer challenges in class, using the PowerPoint presentation. Then use the worksheets for support, students can undertake the challenges in school time or in their own time e.g.
- During breaks and lunchtimes in the playground
- In before- or after-school sessions
Within PE lessons (where relevant to the curriculum)
- As intra-school competitions or sports days
- At home with family, friends and neighbours
EXPLORE MORE RESOURCES
After finishing the Be a Game Changer pack, you can use our other 10 Year Anniversary resources to celebrate the anniversary in your school:
- Introductory Assembly - introduce the 10 Year Anniversary of London 2012 to your class
- Inspirational Stories - learn about resilience, teamwork and overcoming adversity from top medal winners
- Values Champions Awards - nominate a student to receive a national award for the chance to win an athlete visit and more!
Do you teach at KS1/2? Find our primary resources here.