Terms and conditions
The purpose of the Get Set website is to provide you with information to help enhance teaching and learning about the Olympic and Paralympic Movements in schools and other places of formal education.
References to ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ should be construed as references to the British Olympic Association (‘BOA’) and the British Paralympic Association (‘BPA’).
3. COPYRIGHT AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
You may read, view, print and (where permitted) listen to and download the contents of an individual page for use within a formal education setting only provided that all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices contained in the Materials on any copy of these Materials is retained, but you may not recopy or further distribute, sell, publish or transmit any part of the Material by electronic or any other means.
You agree not to sell, resell, supply or otherwise make the content contained on the Site or extracts or other information derived there from available in any manner or on any media to any third party without the prior written consent of the BOA and/or BPA.
Requests for written approval should be emailed to us via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please give details of your intended use of the Material and include your contact details: your name, address, telephone number, fax number and email.
Intellectual property relating to the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games along with the Olympic and Paralympic logos (together the ‘Olympic and Paralympic Marks’) are protected in the UK by special legislation.
4. LINKING POLICY
Linking to us: We encourage users to establish hypertext links to the Site.
Links from us: We restrict links made from the Site to other sites to certain associated and supporting organisations.
Links to us and from us are provided at our absolute discretion and may be altered, or removed from your website, by us at any time. You may not use any link to the Site as a method of creating an unauthorised association between an organisation, business, goods or services and the BOA or BPA, and agree that no such link shall portray us or any other official BOA or BPA organisations (or our or their activities, products or services) in a false, misleading, derogatory or otherwise objectionable manner. The use of our logos or any other Olympic, Paralympic or London 2012 Mark(s) as a link to the Site is strictly subject to our prior written approval.
We are not responsible for the contents or reliability of any site to which it is linked and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Linking to or from this Site should not be taken as an endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that links will work all of the time and we have no control over the availability of the linked pages.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the Material included on this Site, it is provided for information purposes only, without any representation or endorsements made and without warranty of any kind as to its accuracy or completeness or otherwise (whether express or implied) and it does not constitute professional or legal advice. Any commentary, opinions or other materials included on the Site are not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely.
The information included on the Site has been included in good faith and is intended only for your general information and recreational use. You are responsible for checking the accuracy or completeness or otherwise of relevant facts and opinions given on the Site before entering into any commitment based upon them.
We do not warrant that the operation of this Site will be always available or uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this Site or the server that makes it available are free of bugs, viruses or represent the full functionality, accuracy, and reliability of the Materials. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, loss of profits, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from use, or loss of use of, data, arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this Site.
Your access to this Site may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim all warranties, conditions and other terms of any kind, express or implied, in connection with the site and your use of the site (including, without limitation, as to satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy). Your use of the site and/or the Materials is entirely at your own risk.
6. LIMITATIONS OF USE
You may not use the Site:
- for disseminating any unlawful or otherwise objectionable Material, or in any way which is abusive, vulgar, racist, sexist, discriminatory, defamatory, violent, sexually orientated or obscene or which will harass, distress, offend, embarrass or inconvenience any person or which might restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Site by any person;
- for gaining unauthorised access to our computer systems or otherwise breaching applicable laws;
- for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any material, the publication, use or possession of which infringes the rights of any person or which is unlawful in any other respect;
- in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Site;
- to make available personal data or private information about any person other than yourself;
- to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Site;
- to impersonate any other person or entity or to provide inaccurate information;
- for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional Materials, ‘junk mail,’ ‘spam,’ ‘chain letters,’ ‘pyramid schemes,’ or any other form of solicitation or commercial exploitation;
- for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any Material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- to create a database (electronic or otherwise) that includes content contained within the Site;
- to transmit or re-circulate any such content to any third party;
- to promote, facilitate or encourage illegal activity;
- to directly or indirectly charge others for accessing the Site or commercialise or attempt to re-sell the Site content in any way which includes any third party software applications;
- in any way to directly or indirectly suggest endorsement or approval by the BOA and/or BPA of a product or service (for example, a personal website), entity, content or any belief or opinion expressed within a product or service;
- in such a way so as to remove the copyright or trade mark notice(s) from any copies of any content made in accordance with these terms; or
- in any way that might bring the BOA, the BPA or Get Set into disrepute.
This list is not exhaustive and may be amended by us from time to time. We may at our option, but without the obligation to do so, monitor communications transmitted via this Site and remove any unlawful or offensive Material.
7. USE OF MESSAGES AND MATERIALS
By submitting messages, suggestions or Material (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) to the BOA/BPA or the Site you are granting the BOA and BPA a perpetual royalty free non-exclusive licence to reproduce, modify, translate, make available, distribute and sub-license the message/suggestion in whole or in part and in any form anywhere in the world for any purpose and in any way it chooses (including but not limited to via the Site or via its official social media channels). By submitting such Material you warrant that you are the owner of all the relevant intellectual property rights in relation to the submitted Material. Any materials you provide to us shall be regarded as non-confidential.
By submitting any messages, suggestions or Material to the Site you also waive all of the moral rights that you have under Chapter IV of the of the Copyright, Design and Patents Act 1988 and in any other laws now or in future in force in any part of the world and grant us any consent required therein to utilise any such Material.
If you do not wish to grant the BOA and/or BPA the rights set out above, do not submit contributions to the Site.
We shall have the unrestricted right to post on to the Site (or via official social media channels) some or all of any messages or suggestions that you submit to the Site or to choose not to do so. If the BOA or BPA chooses to post some or all of your messages or suggestions it may thereafter remove from the Site some or all of any messages or suggestions that you submitted to the Site at its discretion and without the need to give any reasons.
8. COMPETITIONS AND PRIZES
From time to time the BOA and/or BPA may run or host competitions, free prize draws and promotions on the Site. In each case these will be subject to additional competition terms and conditions which will be made available on the Site. Any competition, free prize draw and/or promotion run or hosted by us will only be open to educational institutions in the UK and who teach children aged 5 to 19.
9. LAWS OF ENGLAND AND WALES
10. MESSAGE BOARDS
Some of the pages of the Site may contain message boards, bulletin boards, chat pages or other forums in which users are able to post Material for viewing by others. The BOA and BPA do not edit or monitor the content of these pages and, subject to what is said below, does not have any knowledge of any of the activities or information carried on in, or contained within, those pages. If anyone becomes aware that any Material on those pages or any activities carried out on those pages, are offensive, unlawful or infringe any third party rights in any way, please send an appropriately worded message by email using this address: email@example.com. We shall then act expeditiously to remove any such Material or to disable access to the information.
13. SHARING A STORY
The ‘Share your story’ function on the Site allows you to share a story with us about an activity you have taken part in, and to send us a photo. Initially, when you share a story with us, it can only be viewed by you, your teacher or group leader, and us. However, by sharing a story with us through the Site, you are granting us a perpetual royalty free non-exclusive licence to reproduce, modify, translate, make available, distribute and sub-license such material in whole or in part and in any form anywhere in the world for any purpose and in any way we choose (including but not limited to on the Site or via our official social media channels).
By sharing a story with us, you warrant that you are the owner of all the relevant intellectual property rights in relation to the submitted material. Any materials you provide to us shall be regarded as non-confidential. By submitting any messages or photos to the Site you also waive all of the moral rights that you have under Chapter IV of the of the Copyright, Design and Patents Act 1988 and in any other laws now or in future in force in any part of the world and grant us any consent required therein to utilise any such material.
You understand that any message or information you send using the ‘Share your story’ function may be read or intercepted by others, even if there is a special notice that a particular transmission is encrypted.
TRAVEL TO TOKYO TERMS
Thank you for your interest in Get Set’s Travel to Tokyo project.
The following terms and conditions (the ‘Travel to Tokyo Terms’) govern your access to and use of the Travel to Tokyo sections of the Site and any online or electronic documents or resources which are downloaded via:
(the Travel to Tokyo Pages’)
The Travel to Tokyo Pages, together with these governing Travel to Tokyo Terms, are brought to you by the British Olympic Association, company number 1122080, (‘BOA’) and the British Paralympic Association, company number 2370578, (‘BPA’), both of 101 New Cavendish Street, London W1W 6XH (together ‘us’ or ‘we’).
PLEASE READ THESE TRAVEL TO TOKYO TERMS CAREFULLY AND PRINT A COPY FOR FUTURE REFERENCE. IN PARTICULAR PLEASE READ THE SECTION ON LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, WHICH LIMITS OUR LIABILITY TO YOU FOR THE TRAVEL TO TOKYO PAGES.
IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY OR DO NOT AGREE TO (OR CANNOT COMPLY WITH) ALL OF THE TERMS, YOU SHOULD NOT REGISTER, ACCESS, DOWNLOAD OR USE THE TRAVEL TO TOKYO PAGES, OR IF YOU NO LONGER WISH TO CONTINUE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TRAVEL TO TOKYO TERMS YOU SHOULD OPT OUT BY EMAILING US AT GETSET@GETSET.CO.UK ASKING US TO DELETE YOUR REGISTRATION.
Please note, you will be assumed to have obtained permission from the owners of the computer, mobile telephone or other device through which you register to, access and use the Travel to Tokyo Pages. You and they may be charged by your and their service providers for internet access on these devices. You accept responsibility in accordance with the terms of these Travel to Tokyo Terms for the use of the Travel to Tokyo Pages or in relation to any device, whether it is owned by you. We may withdraw your access to the Travel to Tokyo Pages if you act in any way which is contrary to these Travel to Tokyo Terms.
Who may use the Travel to Tokyo Pages?
You may use the pages and/or register to access the Travel to Tokyo Pages if you are a legal resident of the United Kingdom and you are:
1. aged between 5 to 11 years old (inclusive),
2. the parent or legal guardian of anyone aged between 5 and 11 years old (inclusive) who has or wishes to have access to the Travel to Tokyo Pages, or
3. you are aged over 18 years old and are using the Travel to Tokyo Pages in connection with your role as a teacher, group leader or other position of responsibility.
Usernames and passwords
In order to access some of the Travel to Tokyo Pages, you will be required to create a username and password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You agree not to use the password of another user at any time or to disclose your password to any third party. You agree to notify us immediately if you suspect any unauthorised use of or access to your password. You are solely responsible for any and all use of the Travel to Tokyo Pages.
Consent to use of personal and location data
Parent newsletter sign up
Eligible schools are defined as those schools which are based in England and teach more than one year group with pupils of an age group between 5-11 years old. Home educators and schools based in other countries are entitled to take part in the programme and are able to use the functionality but will be ineligible to qualify for associated rewards and incentives.
To be eligible for the draw, parents must be associated with eligible schools or groups, log activity and be signed up to the newsletter (sign up available via the Travel to Tokyo Homepage or the Log activity page). If you are selected as a winner of the reward, we will contact you to obtain your home address for fulfilment. . You will be asked to confirm details about your family. The rewards will not be dispatched until details are confirmed. Only one winner will be selected each week (during UK term time only). Rewards are limited to seven units per family.
Periodically, we may also offer rewards to eligible families sharing their activity using the #TTTYourWay hashtag on social media (Get Set Twitter and Instagram) and the Get Set Community. Notifications of these rewards will be obtained through the “WEEKLY PUSH EMAILS” and via the Get Set social media channels. Families selected to receive the reward will be contacted to obtain addresses for fulfilment of the reward. The rewards will not be dispatched until details are confirmed. Only one winner will be selected each week (during UK term time only). Rewards are limited to seven units per family.
Some rewards are in the format of visits to schools from athletes or third parties, in which case liaison and planning is required.
Rewards are not exchangeable for any cash value and the rewards are indicated in “WEEKLY PUSH EMAILS” we reserve the right to change these rewards at our discretion.
The below terms reference the Birmingham promotion – taking place between 14th January and 23rd February 2020.
The incentive associated with the Birmingham promotion refer to tickets for each member of a team (limited to 1 team of max 30 team members from an eligible school), each team member on the winning team will receive a voucher that can be exchanged for a family session at Rush UK trampoline park Birmingham. This voucher will have a value equivalent to a session for 2 adults and 2 children to attend an Open Jump Family of 4 (60min, 4yr+) until 17 January 2021.
The promotion is available to schools with a Birmingham postcode that sign up to the Travel to Tokyo programme within 14th January and 23rd February 2020, a draw will take place, each eligible team will be entered into the draw to win. Signing up with Get Set and creating a team on the Travel to Tokyo site is the requirement to be entered.
The draw will take place in February and the winning teacher will be notified by email, unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted.
We may change these terms at any time by sending you an email with details of the change or notifying you of a change when you log onto the Travel to Tokyo Pages. The new terms may be displayed on-screen and you may be required to read and accept them to continue your use of the Travel to Tokyo Pages.
Accuracy of Data/No Endorsement
We will use reasonable efforts to provide up-to-date and accurate information on the Travel to Tokyo Pages. However, we make no representations, warranties, or assurances as to the accuracy, currency or completeness of the information provided, nor do we assume any responsibility or liability for the accuracy or completeness of the information or data contained or displayed on the Travel to Tokyo Pages.
You agree that the Travel to Tokyo Pages may contain proprietary content, information and material that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws, including but not limited to copyright, and that you will not use such proprietary content, information or materials in any way whatsoever except strictly in accordance with the permitted use, described in these Travel to Tokyo Terms. All copyright and other intellectual property rights in the artwork, graphics, text, video and audio clips, trademarks, logos and other content available on the Travel to Tokyo Pages are owned by us or used by us with permission.
Use of the Travel to Tokyo Pages
You must not use the Travel to Tokyo Pages in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with these Travel to Tokyo Terms. In addition, you may not engage in any of the following activities in connection with your use of the Travel to Tokyo Pages: (a) collect any personally identifiable information from the Travel to Tokyo Pages; (b) use the Travel to Tokyo Pages for any commercial purposes; © interfere with the proper working of the Travel to Tokyo Pages; (d) bypass measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Travel to Tokyo Pages including without limitation features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on the use of the Travel to Tokyo Pages or the content therein; or (e) upload or use the Travel to Tokyo Pages services to transmit any computer viruses, worms or Trojan horses. You represent and warrant that: (a) you are not located in a country that is subject to a EU, UK and/or U.S Government embargo, or that has been designated by the EU, UK and/or U.S Government as a ‘terrorist supporting’ country; and (b) you are not listed on any EU, UK and/or U.S Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
Modifications to the Travel to Tokyo Pages
We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to interrupt, restrict (without cause and without notice to you), modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Travel to Tokyo Pages (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
We may permanently terminate or temporarily suspend your access to all or any part of the Travel to Tokyo Pages without notice and/or liability for any reason, including but not limited to, if in our sole determination you breach any provision of these Travel to Tokyo Terms. On termination, all rights granted to you under these Travel to Tokyo Terms shall cease.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THE TRAVEL TO TOKYO PAGES ARE PROVIDED TO YOU UNDER THESE TRAVEL TO TOKYO TERMS FREE OF CHARGE ON AN ‘AS IS’ ‘AS AVAILABLE’ BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND (EXPRESS AND IMPLIED) RELATING TO THE WEBSITE.
You acknowledge that the Travel to Tokyo Pages have not been developed to meet your individual requirements, and that it is therefore your responsibility to ensure that the facilities and functions of the Travel to Tokyo Pages meet your requirements. You agree that to the extent not prohibited by law, we shall have no liability under or in connection with these Travel to Tokyo Terms, whether in contract, (including negligence) or otherwise, except that nothing in these Travel to Tokyo Terms shall limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law. In particular, we will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these Travel to Tokyo Terms that is caused by any act or event beyond our reasonable control.
Third party Travel to Tokyo Pages
Any links to third party websites are provided for your convenience only. If you access a third party website from the Travel to Tokyo Pages, you do so at your own risk, and you understand that these Travel to Tokyo Terms do not apply to your use of such websites. You agree that we are not responsible or liable for your use of any third party website, service or content.
These Travel to Tokyo Terms shall be governed by, interpreted and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. You expressly agree the courts or England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Travel to Tokyo Terms.
Other important terms
If you wish to contact us in writing, or if any condition in these Travel to Tokyo Terms requires you to give us notice in writing, please contact us at Travel to Tokyo, British Olympic Association, 60 Charlotte Street, London W1T 2NU, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have to contact you or give you notice in writing, we will endeavour to do so by e-mail or where this is not possible, by using such other contact information that you provide to us during the registration process.
Get Set Mascot Challenge competition
Rules for entry
These terms and conditions apply to the Get Set Mascot Challenge competition. The promoters are the British Paralympic Association, 101 New Cavendish Street, London W1W 6XH (the "Promoter").
1. The competition is open to all young people between the ages of 5 to 18 in the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland) and the Isle of Man, Channel Islands and UK Overseas Territories, excluding employees of the Promoter and their immediate families.
2. Entry to the competition is free.
3. Enter the competition by teacher or parent/carer submitting entries by young people aged between 5–18 years. Entries should be submitted on an entry sheet by email to email@example.com or by direct message via social media @GetSetCommunity.
4. The competition ends: 1700 on Sunday 31 May 2020. No entries will be accepted after this date.
5. There is no limit on the number of entries a teacher or parent/guardian submits, but only one entry can be submitted per young person.
6. All mascot designs must be submitted on Entry activity sheets and the young person’s name and age must be written in the space provided, alongside the name and an email address for an adult contact. If use of the entry sheet is not possible entrants may present their design in a different 2D format, but must ensure that they include all the details requested on the entry sheet.
7. Entry sheets can be submitted in a number of formats including PDF, image file or hard copy. Images of 3D models can be accepted in addition to mascot design. 3D models themselves will not be accepted.
8. Entries should be submitted in English.
9. Incomplete, illegible or corrupt entries, or those not in accordance with entry instructions, will not be accepted.
10. No responsibility is accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any postal problems or network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind, or where postage is not paid in full. Proof of entry will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
11. Entrants who do not give correct details or those who make an entry on someone else's behalf will be disqualified.
12. No entries from agents, third parties, organised groups or entries automatically generated by a computer will be accepted.
14. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for names, addresses or email addresses spelt incorrectly by entrants.
15. If you have problems submitting your entry please email firstname.lastname@example.org
16. Entries must not:
- Be violent, negative or/and discriminative of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional, sexual orientation, disability or age group, profane or obscene;
- Promote or be about the use of illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons, and any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- Be offensive or be about hate;
- Defame, misrepresent or contain negative remarks about the Promoter or its products or other people, products or companies;
- Contain commercial names or trademarks owned by others or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses;
- Contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including images, photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media or musical 'samples') without permission;
- Contain materials embodying photographs, footage or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead without permission;
- Communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Promoter wishes to associate;
- Depict and cannot itself be in violation of any law;
- Any inappropriate or offensive material may be reported to the appropriate authorities;
- Entries will be automatically reviewed and moderated for content before being judged, however such review does not relieve you from responsibility for compliance with these Terms and Conditions. Any Entry that is found, at any time, not in compliance with these Terms and Conditions or that otherwise contain prohibited or inappropriate content as determined by the Promoter, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified. The
- Promoter shall have sole and final determination as to which entries are eligible to take part in this Promotion and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. Entries will be judged in four age categories: primary one (ages 5-7, KS1 or equivalent), primary two (ages 7-11, KS2, P3-6, or equivalent), secondary one (ages 11-14, KS3, P7-S2 or equivalent) and secondary two (ages 14-18, KS4-5 or equivalent). Winners will be selected from each age category for the display at ParalympicsGB team base in the athletes village. In addition to these shortlisted winners, two overall winners will be selected, one from the primary and one from the secondary age categories. A judging panel will select the shortlist from all age categories and one overall prize winner for primary and secondary.
Prizes and winner notification
18. The prizes:
Prizes for overall winners:
Your designs will form a prominent part of a display in ParalympicsGB team base in the athletes village during the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games. You will also receive a piece of ParalympicsGB kit signed by selected ParalympicsGB athletes, and a Get Set postcard and badge.
Prizes for runners up/shortlist:
Your designs will be part of a display in ParalympicsGB team base in the athletes village during the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games. You will also receive an exclusive Get Set postcard and badge.
19. The prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable. However, in the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to offer alternative prizes of equal value.
20. The adult contact of the winning young people will be notified and sent a prize acceptance form electronically during June 2020. The prize acceptance form will require the adult contact to give permission (gaining permission from the winners' parent/guardians if entered by a teacher) for the winners' first name, school (if applicable) and hometown to be used for publicity purposes. The prize acceptance forms must be returned within one week. If it is not received by this date, new winners will be selected.
21. The winners will be formally announced by the end of June 2020 and the names of the winners and winning schools (if applicable) will be available on request from this date.
22. There are no cash or other prize alternatives available in whole or in part.
23. The prizes may be subject to change. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute similar alternatives of equal or greater value or to remove a prize. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter the prizes will only be awarded directly to the winners. Prizes cannot be sold or auctioned or otherwise transferred to a third party.
24. The winners may be required to participate in publicity arising from this competition.
25. The entry may involve participating at an event that may be filmed and photographed by various film crews. Usage will include all audio-visual media in perpetuity.
a. The Promoter will deliver an information pack to the winning school including release forms for parents to sign allowing permission for this filming.
b. In the instance that a parent does not wish their child to be filmed at the event, they must make this clear in the release form and return this to the Promoter in advance of the event so that the organisers can ensure this wish is adhered to by third party film crews on the day.
26. By entering the Promotion, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Promotion rules and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Data Controller, for the purposes of the administration of this Promotion. All entry instructions form part of the rules.
27. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered as a result of entering this competition or accepting the prize. Nothing shall exclude the liability of the Promoter for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
28. Adult contacts are required to provide the young person’s first name and surname initial in order to enter them in the competition. This data will be used solely to administer the competition and will be destroyed in November 2020, following the winner claiming their prize.
29. Adult contacts are required to provide their contact details in order to enter the competition on behalf of the entrant. Adult contacts will be given the opportunity to opt-out of receiving further information, not related to the competition, from the Get Set programme.
30. The Promoter may in their absolute discretion modify, amend, cancel or suspend these Terms and Conditions at any time if they deem necessary or if circumstances arise beyond their control.
31. The Promoter reserves the right in their absolute discretion to disqualify from this competition any entrant who they believe has not complied with these Terms and Conditions or acted in good faith.
32. All promotion entries and any accompanying material submitted to the Promoter or arising out of the entrant's involvement in the promotion will become the property of the Promoter on receipt or creation and will not be returned. By submitting your promotion entry and any accompanying material, you agree to:
- assign to the Promoter all your intellectual property rights with full title guarantee; and
- waive all moral rights, in and to your promotion entry and otherwise arising in connection with your entry to which you may now or at any time in the future be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
33. The Promoters' decisions are final in all matters relating to this promotion and no correspondence will be entered into.
34. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.