Recommended age group: 11–18
Time required: varies
Equipment: activity sheets provided in sets, delete any pages and activities that aren't relevant to you.
The resources below are take from various different classroom activities, but we have bundled them together into six themes for you to explore. Each download contains various PDFs, with activity guides, information sheets and activity sheets to support different activities. Read the short introduction notes below the find out more about each resource!
- All Star Challenge - keep children active at home by challenging them to try the All Star Challenge exercise routine and track their personal best with the All Star Chart. An accessible version of the routine is also provided.
- Play Boccia - read the rules for the Paralympic sport of boccia and see if you can adapt and play a game at home!
- Winter Sports Challenge - try these adapted (no snow required) versions of sports from the Olympic Winter Games.
- Design a Mascot for ParalympicsGB - take part in the Mascot Challenge for the chance to have your design displayed at the Paralympic Games!
- Wearable Colours Design Challenge - design a wearable product to show support for Team GB and ParalympicsGB!
- Olympic and Paralympic Values - trace the Values written in Chinese characters and create your own Beijing 2008 inspired art!
- Winter Kit - research and design a piece of kit for an athlete at the Olympic Winter Games.
Get the Values
- The Values film - watch the film above to learn the Olympic and Paralympic Values.
- Celebrate our Weekly Values - use this activity sheet to explore how people show positive values in everyday life.
- Play by the Rules - explore the value of fair play through an artistic game.
- What are the Values? - Read the information booklet to find out more about the Olympic and Paralympic Values, and take the quiz to explore the Values in everyday life.
Get healthy habits
- Eatwell guide and recipe card - use the Eatwell guide to design a healthy recipe to fit your day's activity.
- Respect Yourself cards - cut out the food cards and match them to the correct food group.
- Think Real information sheets - explore ways of building good nutritional, recovery and other healthy habits with these Think Real guides.
- History of the Olympic and Paralympic Games - read our information sheets to find out more about the history of the Games. Perhaps you can create your own quiz to test the other members of your household?
- Summer Games - use this interactive presentation to test your knowledge of the Olympic and Paralympic Summer Games.
- Winter Games - use this interactive presentation to test your knowledge of the Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games.