The Youth Winter Olympic Games are just around the corner taking place on 12-21st February 2016 in Lillehammer, Norway.
Over 71 nations will be represented in the sports programme of Lillehammer 2016. The young athletes will compete in 15 disciplines and 70 medal events in total.
Here are some fun facts to get you excited in the run up to Lillehammer:
- 3C, will be the average temperature in Lillehammer - so the athletes will need to dress warmly!
- Volunteers will work on average 8 hours each day during the Games!
- The Youth Olympic Winter Games is the second Olympic event Lillehammer will host.
- 11,000 athletes aged 15-18 will take part in Lillehammer.
- 20,000 children from the surrounding Oppland and Hedmark regions have been invited to experience a "Dream Day" at Lillehammer 2016.