Recommended age group: Primary and Secondary
Time required: 60 - 120 minutes
Equipment: Instruments, Recording equipment
- Getting creative and active.
- Develop a creative way of supporting Team GB/ParalympicsGB.
- Contribute to a UK-wide crowd by sharing on social media.
Explain to pupils that there will be very few Team GB or ParalympicsGB supporters in Tokyo this summer, but that they can still share messages of support from home. This challenge provides a choice of creative ways for pupils/students to support and celebrate athletes competing at Tokyo 2020.Pupils/students will choose to write a rap or chant to cheer on Team GB and ParalympicsGB in Tokyo this summer. They could even choreograph a dance routine to go alongside their cheer. The greater the number of groups of pupils involved, the bigger the ‘crowd’ can be across the UK.
Support: Small groups could develop one section of the chant/rap/dance, to be performed one after the other to create a full piece.
Challenge: Pupils/students can research and select a style of chant/rap/dance to focus on when developing their own.
Take it further
- Share pupils’ attempts on Twitter @GetSetCommunity and Instagram @GetSetClub, using the hashtag #ShareYourGBPride.
- Encourage pupils to use whatever they have created at home during the Olympic and Paralympic Games, or for ‘I Am Team GB’ and ‘Parasport’ when the Olympic and Paralympic athletes return from the Games.