Recommended age group: 5-11
Time required: 10-30 minutes
Equipment: Simple household items including balls, clothing and pens
About Travel to Tokyo Home Learning Pack
This home learning pack includes lots of free, downloadable ideas to get active at home as a family. It can be used as part of the Travel to Tokyo challenge!
What is Travel to Tokyo?
The Travel to Tokyo challenge is all about getting young people active together with their families. The challenge from Team GB, ParalympicsGB and Sport England uses the inspiration of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games to get 5–11s and their families moving, aiming to build lasting active habits.
Children get active and log their activity against their school teams to help their team gain kilometres on a virtual journey to Tokyo. Children are encouraged to do activity with family to gain more distance and get to Tokyo faster. Teams will be taking the tourist route and visiting different cities which have previously hosted the Olympic and Paralympic Games (or will soon!). Children can follow the progress to Tokyo using the Team and School Dashboards. Families who log activity are in with the chance of winning prizes, including fitness trackers, skipping ropes and speakers. Local leisure facilities are also supporting the challenge – look out for free sessions and places to log your activity coming soon!
Free activity ideas
- Summer Holiday Challenges - try a new challenge each week and win a prize! Try litter relay today.
- Travel Guides - learn all about the cities you visit on your way to Tokyo.
- Holiday Activity Pack – this holiday activity pack includes lots of free, downloadable ideas to get active indoors or in the garden at home as a family.
- Tokyo Tens - ten-minute activities you can fit into your day.
- Home Sports Day – everything you need to hold your own sports day at home.
- Active challenges – longer-form activities that last around 30 minutes.
- Athlete Ambassador Challenges – take part in workouts and challenges with Olympic and Paralympic athletes.
LOG YOUR ACTIVITY
Don’t forget to log your activity to virtually Travel to Tokyo and for the chance to win great prizes. It’s free, and no account needed – just your school postcode and team name.
Anthony Ogogo's litter relay
Try Anthony's litter challenge
Duster Dodge animation
Get moving and dodging with this ten-minute activity Duster Dodge.
Random Routines animation
How to play the ten-minute activity Random Routines.
Play this fun game of Japanese tag - will you be an astronaut or an alien?
Anthony Ogogo's challenge
Try Anthony Ogogo's 20 second challenge
Laviai Nielson Home Workout
Get active with Laviai Nielson
Will Bayley's challenge
Try Will Bayley's 20 second challenge
Natasha Baker challenge
Try Natasha Baker's 20 second challenge
Natasha Baker's Home Workout
Get active with Natasha Baker